Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Pal...

Buddy, tomorrow is my Fluid Mechanics quiz, and I am preparing. It is 2:46 a.m. in the night. Weather outside is wonderful, it has just drizzled, and at the moment, the atmosphere is perfuming with the typical sweet fragrance that blends with air after rainfall. Branches and leaves are unruffled, and it’s cool outside. In this pleasant and amusing weather, I have decided to write about you. This should give you an idea of the value you possess in my eyes. You have helped me in tough times, you have made things easy for me, and you have offered me short-cuts. Sometimes, I imagine how life would have been without you?! Mate, you rock! My dear, much-loved, and friend in time of need, yes pal, I am talking about you; my solution manual.

There are two instances where we meet, one is where I need to check if I am doing right, and the other is where I just don’t have time to do things on my own, which can be due to several reasons, ranging from laziness to immense workload. I quickly read the question, may think about it, and unswervingly start taking your advices. Today, the latter is the case. In this scenario, you are just the man, man!

HOWEVER, if I get addicted to you, you are going to turn into an enemy. You will make me helpless, and can spread like cancer, uprooting all the abilities I may have developed for problem-solving. So, we have to be cautious here. Actually, it would have been best if we hadn’t met. Hey, no offence meant partner! I hope you understand the harms involved. This is how it is. You are one chap whose presence can be a paradox, see how I feel the affection for you, and at the same time, I am being repulsive.

So bro, If I am doing all the problems by myself, and use you as a check, that’s excellent. If I face problem in any question, after giving my best try, I come to you, help me out. But if I am doing so otherwise, just turn your face away from me.

3 comments:

  1. really nice...

    but how can the manual turn her face away from you when this is not possible? She can't do it. It's actually you who have to refrain from using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalam u Alaikum,

    Thanks bro...

    Manual is not a female. :) So, we say 'turn "its" face', and not "her" face. If, however, you want to use a gendered term, then say "his" face, I think that would be more appropriate.

    Secondly, I used it as a figure of speech, I did not mean literally. Or else, how in the first place can we talk to a manual, its insanity if we are going to do it literally! :)

    But, you have made your point. In reality, we just have to do it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two paragraphs are also meant sarcastically... though you don't feel it after reading the third para.

    ReplyDelete